TO BE READ WITH PURPLEZA’S WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE AND SERVICE
- PurpleZA respects the privacy and personal information of the User, and shall take reasonable measures to protect this, as is required and prescribed by legislative framework in the Republic of South Africa, which includes but is not limited to the Protection of Private Information Act, 4 of 2013 (the "Act"), and as delineated below.
- Our services, the Website and the Platform are not intended to apply to minors.
Controller and Processor
PurpleZA is the data controller and is responsible for the User's Personal Information in instances where PurpleZA decides the processing operations concerning the User's Personal Information.
- PurpleZA may also from time-to-time operate as a processor of Personal Information on behalf of a third-party data controller, where that data controller’s privacy terms will apply, but PurpleZA will, insofar as reasonably possible, draw the User’s attention to them, when applicable.
Email Address: email@example.com
HOW INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE USER
- PurpleZA collects Personal Information (information about the User that is personally identifiable such as but not limited to the User’s name, address, age, geo-location, employer name, qualifications, gender, e-mail address, SACE registration number, phone number(s) and other unique information such as the User’s Identity Document number and passwords, product and service preferences and contact preferences that are not otherwise publicly available).
INFORMATION THAT IS COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
- The User further warrants that the personal information disclosed to PurpleZA or the Website is directly from you as the User of the Website or in connection to the Service is true and correct.
- The User may choose to provide additional personal information to PurpleZA, in which event he or she shall provide accurate and current information, and, generally, agrees to not impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent his or her affiliation with anyone or anything.
HOW PURPLEZA WILL USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any processing of the User's personal information shall be reserved for legitimate business purposes of PurpleZA, and as a necessary function of the User’s engagement with the Website, the Platform and/or the Service. The User hereby consents to this. PurpleZA shall not however, without the express consent of the User:
- use the personal information of the User for any purpose other than as set out below:
- contact the User regarding current or new information, products or service or any other service offered by PurpleZA, or any of its affiliates (unless the User has opted out from receiving marketing material from PurpleZA, possible through same contact);
- inform the User of new features, new Courses, results from completion of Courses, special offers, and promotional competitions offered by PurpleZA or any of its affiliates (unless he or she has opted out from receiving marketing material from PurpleZA, possible through same contact); and
- improve the service selection and the User’s experience on the Website and the Platform by, for example, monitoring his or her browsing habits, or tracking the User’s progression through Courses on the Platform, including results of Courses.
- disclose the User's personal information to any third party other than as set out below:
- PurpleZA's employees and/or third parties who assist PurpleZA to interact with the User via the Website, the Platform, e-mail or any other method, for the ordering of their services, and therefore need to know the User’s personal information in order to assist PurpleZA with communicating with the User in an efficient and proper manner;
- to PurpleZA's affiliates (including their employees and/or third party service providers) in order for them to interact directly with the User via email or any other method for the purposes of obtaining feedback on Course content and the User’s progress through the Courses, or for the purposes of circulating marketing material regarding any current or new product or services, new features, special offers or promotional items offered by them (unless the User has opted out from receiving marketing material from PurpleZA or its affiliates, through correspondence with PurpleZA);
- to PurpleZA's service providers (under contract with PurpleZA) who help with parts of its business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology, and likewise services). However, PurpleZA will takes steps to ensure that contracts with such service providers provide that these service providers shall only use the User’s information in connection with the services they perform for PurpleZA, under the same standards as to how PurpleZA operates or higher, and not for their own benefit.
- PurpleZA shall use or disclose the User’s personal information if such use or disclosure is required to comply with any applicable law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on it, or to protect and defend its rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent online payment or any other fraud detected, PurpleZA shall disclose relevant personal information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may be required of it.
- PurpleZA shall ensure that all of its employees, associated third parties, independent contractors, directors, affiliated companies (including their employees and third-party service providers), or other affiliates that have access to the User’s Personal Information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations. These persons shall further process the User’s personal information at standards equal to or higher than PurpleZA’s.
- As regards the personal information of the User, PurpleZA shall:
- take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that the User’s Personal Information is kept secure and is protected against unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
- provide the User with reasonable access to the User’s Personal Information to view and/or update personal details when necessary;
- promptly notify the User if PurpleZA becomes aware of any unauthorised use, disclosure or processing of the User’s personal information;
- upon the User's request, promptly correct, return or destroy any and all of his or her personal information in the possession or control of PurpleZA, save for that which PurpleZA is legally obliged or entitled to retain (acknowledging that some Website and/or Platform functionality might be lost if certain personal information is amended and/or destroyed).
- PurpleZA shall not retain the User's Personal Information longer than the period for which it was originally needed, unless PurpleZA is required by law to do so, or the User consents to PurpleZA retaining such information for a longer period.
- While PurpleZA shall do all things reasonably necessary to protect the User’s privacy rights, PurpleZA cannot and hereby does not guarantee nor accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of the User’s personal information, whilst in its possession, made by third parties who are not subject to the control of PurpleZA, unless such disclosure is as a result of its gross negligence. PurpleZA is committed to ensuring that all Personal Information is secure, and to assist in preventing any unauthorised access to the User’s Personal Information, PurpleZA has appropriate measures in place to secure the Personal Information collected.
- The User may request access to any of the relevant Personal Information held by PurpleZA and where such access is necessary for the User to exercise and/or protect any of his or her rights. For any Personal Information held by any third party, the User must approach that party for the realisation of the User’s personal information rights, rather than PurpleZA.
CHANGES TO PURPLEZA'S USE OF INFORMATION
- PurpleZA will only use the User's Personal Information for the purposes for which it collected it, unless PurpleZA reasonably considers that it needs to use such Personal Information for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
- Should the User require an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact the Information Officer described herein.
- Should PurpleZA require the Personal Information for an unrelated purpose, PurpleZA will notify the User and PurpleZA will explain the legal basis which allows PurpleZA to do so.
- PurpleZA may retain any Personal Information collected for as long as it requires it, provided that such Personal Information is kept for the purposes for which it was intended.